PCA awards scholarships of $1,000-$2,000 (depending on location) to high school athletes, based on their essays explaining how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson
- Personal Mastery: Making oneself better
- Leadership: Making one's teammates better
- Honoring the Game: Making the game better.
Eligibility extends to any high school junior residing anywhere in the U.S. and playing for a high school team or in club sports!
Questions? Contact PCA's Morgan Fuller.
Applications ARE NOW CLOSED
Finalists for the 2016 Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship will be announced in August, 2016
- Current High School Junior (class of 2017)
- Grade Point Average of 2.5 or above
- Current resident of the United States of America
- Participant in individual or team sport sponsored by school or local club
The application period for 2016 awards runs from January 1, 2016 through May 31, 2016. Applications can only be submitted online. If you have any problems, please e-mail Program Administrator Morgan Fuller.
A Triple-Impact Competitor® makes positive contributions on three levels:
- Makes oneself better (Personal Mastery);
- Makes teammates better (Leadership); and
- Makes the sport better (Honoring the Game).
A completed application comprises:
- Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship Application
- One testimonial from a school administrator (athletic director, teacher, counselor, etc.)
- One testimonial from a coach
- At least one testimonial (and up to three) by individuals who are familiar with the student-athlete and able to speak to his/her embodiment of the Triple-Impact Competitor principles (for example fellow teammates, competitors, referees etc.)
Selection and Notification
The Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship Program is a national program with regional recognition events. Local Selection Committees will select award recipients and the number of scholarships will vary by region. All scholarship finalists will be notified via email in August of 2016 and the full list will be posted on PCA’s website. Scholarship winners will be announced at the local awards events in the fall/winter of 2016.