PCA awards scholarships of $1,000-$2,000 (depending on location) to high school athletes, based on their essays explaining how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson
- Personal Mastery: Making oneself better
- Leadership: Making one's teammates better
- Honoring the Game: Making the game better.
Eligibility extends to any high school junior residing anywhere in the U.S. and playing for a high school team or in club sports!
Questions? Contact PCA's Jennie Wulbrun.
Applications will be open until May 31st, 2017.
- Current High School Junior (class of 2018)
- Grade Point Average of 2.5 or above
- Current resident of the United States of America
- Participant in individual or team sport sponsored by school or local club
The application period for 2017 awards runs from January 1, 2017 through May 31, 2017. Applications can only be submitted online. If you have any problems, please e-mail Program Administrator Jennie Wulbrun.
A Triple-Impact Competitor® makes positive contributions on three levels:
- Makes oneself better (Personal Mastery);
- Makes teammates better (Leadership); and
- Makes the sport better (Honoring the Game).
A completed application comprises:
- Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship Application
- One testimonial from a school administrator (athletic director, teacher, counselor, etc.)
- One testimonial from a coach
- At least one testimonial (and up to three) by individuals who are familiar with the student-athlete and able to speak to his/her embodiment of the Triple-Impact Competitor principles (for example fellow teammates, competitors, referees etc.)
Selection and Notification
All 2017 scholarship finalists will be notified via email in August of 2017 and the full list will be posted on PCA’s website. Winners of the 2017 Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship will be announced on a chapter basis throughout the winter of 2017 and spring of 2018.