Chris Van Wagner
Executive Director, Sports Medicine, Providence Health and Services
Chris is the Executive Director Sports Medicine for Providence Health and Services. In this role, she leads the development of all sports related medical programing and community involvement related to sports for Providence in Oregon. As a physical therapist, leader and athlete, Chris is a big believer in the benefits that sports can bring to athletes of all ages. In her work, Chris works with many local community programs to bring sports, health, and wellness activities to youth throughout Oregon.
A graduate of Astoria High School (1982) and Pacific University (MPT 1988), Chris has been involved in sports all her life. Chris participated in multiple sports, assisted on sports community boards, and coached youth basketball for over 15 years. Chris is currently in both the Astoria and Pacific University Sports Hall of Fames for success in Basketball.
Chris has worked for Providence Health and Services since 1988.
Board Membership past and present
- Oregon Sports Authority Board (2013-current) Treasurer (2017)
- Portland Timbers Community Fund Board Member (2014-current)
- Play It Forward Award and Grant Board (2015-current)
- Tualatin Hills Parks and Rec District Foundation Board (2015-2017)
- Clackamas Youth Football League Executive Board Member/Treasurer (2010-2013)
- North Clackamas Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2005-2008)