We are looking for coaches who see themselves as character educators, who want to invest in themselves to improve their ability to use their sport to develop Better People. Coaches with a Teachable Spirit—who are continuous learners with a driving desire to improve so they can shape the character of their athletes—are encouraged to apply.
This initial pilot program is open preferably to a high school or club coach who has taken a PCA Double-Goal Coach® workshop (live or online) prior to October 21, 2018, and who is coaching winter sport in 2018-2019.
What Are the Benefits of Participating in This Program?
Participating coaches will...
- Be on the ground floor in helping shape the future of high school sports and transform the way coaches across the U.S. use sports to develop Better People.
- Receive training and support to implement a research-based program to help their athletes become great teammates and Better People.
- Have the opportunity to have their team go through a PCA Triple-Impact Competitor® workshop at no cost (a $1,500 value)
- Receive $200 for attendance at initial meeting on October 21, 2018, $100 for attendance at mid-term meeting on December 9, 2018, and $200 for attendance at final meeting on March 3, 2019.
Participating coaches will help PCA test this new approach by...
- Attending a live training session on Sunday, October 21st. The CHSAA official first day of Winter sports season is November 12, giving coaches 3 weeks to prepare and utilize what they've learned.
- Integrating the program’s tools and materials into their coaching during the spring sports season.
- Monthly conference calls/skype or other video service call with coaches on Sunday evenings, starting Sunday, November 4th
- Schedule of calls: First Sunday of every month
- Sunday, November 4th
- Sunday, December 2nd
- Sunday, January 13th (Due to holiday)
- Sunday, February 3rd
- Final Meeting - Sunday, March 3rd
- For the final meeting, coaches will be presented with a certificate or plaque, signifying completion of the program, will have the opportunity to be featured in a press release and announcement that highlights this work.
Questions? Contact Amy Manson at firstname.lastname@example.org.